Vice President of Communications, TIME’S UP
TIME’S UP is looking for a Vice President of Communications to help build a world-class communications team for TIME’S UP. As a part of senior leadership, you will oversee the global communications strategy for TIME’S UP including media relations, issue-based campaigns, thought-leadership, events and partnerships, and overall visibility. This is a global role with management oversight across a growing list of TIME’S UP affiliates and geographies including TIME’S UP Entertainment, TIME’S UP Healthcare, TIME’S UP Advertising, TIME’S UP UK and the TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund to name a few. The Vice President of Communications is responsible for the leadership, direction, and administration of TIME’S UP’s communications strategies and programs and will play a role in national and global campaigns and activations. This is a high impact role that will report directly to our COO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement comprehensive external and internal communication strategies that elevate TIME’S UP to varied audiences using tactics and channels including: earned media, digital media, events, partnerships, campaigns, and more.
- Lead strategy and execute approval for all earned media, including articles for publication, press releases, media advisories, letters-to-the-editor, and opinion editorials.
- Develop and oversee content for varied platforms including speeches, donor communications, talking points, website materials, media and internal communications.
- Work internally and across affiliates and partners to develop and implement consistent messaging, create cross-departmentally, create strategy and lead response for crisis communications and issues management.
- Serve as internal expert of communications content for TIME’S UP, including ensuring TIME’S UP affiliates and partners use consistent messaging.
- Act as an on-the-record spokesperson to the media on behalf of TIME’S UP when necessary.
- Provide strategic guidance and execute approval of all communications, including but not limited to internal and external newsletters, press materials, digital campaigns, and other collateral produced by the Communications team.
- Supervise and build out a comprehensive bi-coastal communications team and manage relations with external PR agencies.
- Collaborate on execution of communications strategy for fundraising events and objectives, in coordination with the Engagement team.
- Ensure communications and advocacy campaigns are integrated across media, email, social media and website.
- Other communications responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10-15 years work experience focused on communications and media; startup experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement mass communications campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with big ideas, execute, and report back on results.
- Experience managing an internal communications team as well as an external PR agency.
- Experience in communications across varied audiences, including donors, surrogates and advocates.
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines, adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment and balance numerous projects.
- Ability to develop and drive new initiatives, work cross-departmentally, oversee projects to completion and measure results.
- Strong written, verbal, problem solving and interpersonal communications skills.
- A passion and day-to-day interest in women’s issues, policy and culture.
- Based in New York, New York or Los Angeles, CA.
- Starting salary of $180,000, commensurate with experience
- Women-inspired workplace.
- TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant communications experience to email@example.com. Thank you!