Communications Manager, TIME’S UP
TIME’S UP is looking for a Communications Manager to support the development and implementation of smart, integrated communication strategies that extend our influence, media coverage, affiliate development and overall message. This person should have strong writing and messaging skills with experience in drafting communications materials including briefing materials, press releases, statements and research. The Communications Manager should have a strong knowledge of the traditional and social media landscape.
This role will report to our Communications Director and will work closely with the social media and marketing team across a wide variety of projects. This person will have strong interpersonal skills, a proven track record in engaging with the media, excellent writing skills, and solid organization and time management skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop media and outreach-related materials, ranging from communications calendars, media briefings, blog posts, press releases, advisories, press conferences/calls, and more.
- Provide research regarding the organization’s strategic communication plans and support its implementation as a means to further its goals and build its brand.
- Help craft compelling messages that accurately communicate the organization’s work to target audiences.
- Manage and research speaking requests for TIME’S UP leadership.
- Proactively identify and deploy ways to disseminate key messages and build awareness of TIME’S UP to a diverse group of audiences.
- Assist in the development, coordination and execution of events that support the goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years work experience focused on communications and media; startup experience a plus.
- Experience working with media and key stakeholders in leading outlets at the national, state and local media markets.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to come up with big ideas, execute, and report back on results.
- Strong command and knowledge of all things earned and social media.
- Excellent writer with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple deadlines and delivering high quality work products.
- Self-motivated, with a positive and proactive attitude.
- A passion and day-to-day interest in women’s issues, policy and culture.
- Based in Santa Monica, California or New York, New York.
- Starting salary of $75,000, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefit package
- Women-inspired workplace.
- TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant communications experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!