Database Manager, TIME’S UP
TIME’S UP is looking for a Database Manager to manage TIME’S UP’s organization-wide relationship management database, which is central to the development team’s management of relationships with its donors and prospective donors. The Development Database Manager is the Development team’s principal user EveryAction database and serves as an internal specialist and a resource to both internal and external constituents for the donor data management system. As such, the Database Manager helps the organization, but particularly the development team, maximize the fundraising and marketing potential of the donor database through accurate and effective management of donor and high-level stakeholder information and relationships and ensures an exemplary level of data integrity in EveryAction.
This position develops and executes standard and custom queries, reports, and lists for various departments, with an emphasis on donor and prospect mailings and revenue tracking—determining with staff which reports are needed regularly (monthly, weekly, etc.) and setting them up to allow self-service reporting—and helps development staff follow established processes and procedures for use of EveryAction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining data hygiene and record accuracy of the EveryAction, including through regular reconciliation with organizational financial systems and web integration with Every Action; Managing all pledge and gift entry and adjustments;
- Coordinating closely with Finance and other Development staff to leverage the EveryAction database to manage deadlines, assess giving trends and evaluate progress towards achieving revenue objectives, as well as to reconcile revenue and assist with financial reporting and to conduct at least biweekly reviews to ensure data integrity and accuracy;
- Architecting a client relationship management (CRM) that will also serve stakeholders organizaion-wide (e.g. Communications, Policy, Campaigns, the office of the CEO, etc.).
- Proactively assisting users in determining more efficient ways to utilize EveryAction and providing troubleshooting support when issues arise;
- Coordinating with the Campaign & Digital Teams to pull reports and queries related to online giving through Every Action;
- Serving as liaison to vendors such as mail houses, wealth screening, or address update services;
- Coordinating acknowledgements and mailings to donors in collaboration with the Development Assistant;
- Ensuring the EveryAction manual is kept current as procedures and processes evolve, preparing tip sheets for commonly asked questions, and collaborating with IT staff and outside vendors to develop and deliver targeted training to current and new users;
- Researching prospects and preparing briefings;
- Engaging in other fundraising initiatives as needed.
The position is exempt, reports to the Vice President of Development, and is assigned projects by the Vice President of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of post-undergraduate work, including at least two years of experience in fundraising and a sophisticated understanding of EveryAction.
- Applicants must also have extraordinary attention to detail and critical thinking skills; a demonstrated ability to investigate, analyze, and synthesize data into user-friendly and concise formats; a demonstrated ability to be discreet with donor information that is often confidential; an interest in women’s rights issues; excellent written and oral communications skills; exceptional analytical and organizational skills; and be technologically savvy.
- Must have positive attitude, sense of humor and be a team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Every Action, prospect research tools, external and donor relations, and acknowledgments strongly preferred.
- Based in Washington, DC.
- Competitive compensation and health benefits.
- Women-inspired workplace.
- TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant communications experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!