The Director of Finance will lead the finance and accounting functions for TIME’S UP Now, Inc., a 501(c)4 and the TIME’S UP Foundation, a 501(c)3. The Director will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and act as a strategic partner to leaders across the organization. They will provide financial guidance to inform key decisions, oversee financial forecasting and budgeting, and build and manage the organization’s finance and accounting systems to ensure TIME’S UP’s health and stability as it grows.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor the organization’s finances, make projections, and suggest strategic courses of action that will promote its financial health
- Work with external consulting firm to manage TIME’s UP’s day-to-day and annual financial functions
- Establish smooth financial operations; ensure that all contracts, invoices and records are in order and that TIME’S UP receives a clean annual audit
- Build effective financial systems and internal controls that will enable the organization to efficiently achieve its goals and priorities
- Regularly communicate and present critical financial matters and risks to the COO and other stakeholders
- Provide hands-on support for financial operations, projections, the annual budgeting process, and audits – maintain a strong record of budgetary accuracy, clarity, timely reporting and respond rapidly to all financial issues
- Partner with colleagues to produce timely and accurate grant/proposal budgets and other reporting documents to funders
- Manage contracts/agreements with all vendors, funders, and service providers
- Strong understand of financing and accounting within a 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organization
- Fast-paced and detail-oriented – capable of managing multiple projects at once and handling a high-volume of work efficiently
- Critical thinker and problem solver with excellent judgment and ability to work in a quick and organized manner
- Strong written and verbal communicator who can translate complex financial concepts clearly to all team members and external stakeholders
- Solutions-oriented and flexible – able to adapt to the evolving needs of our rapidly-expanding organization while staying several steps ahead to ensure that things run smoothly
- Based in New York, New York or Los Angeles, CA
- Starting salary of $120,000, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefit package
- Women-inspired workplace
- TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to email@example.com. Thank you!