About TIME’S UP
TIME’S UP emerged from an international moment of reckoning when women came together and decided to turn their pain into action. We are an organization that insists on safe, fair, and dignified workplaces for women of all kinds by:
- preventing sexual harassment, abuse, retaliation and other forms of discrimination before it starts and protecting workers when it happens;
- removing barriers so women have a fair shot at success and security;
- increasing women's representation and power at every level of every industry — starting with entertainment, advertising, healthcare, and tech.
The ambitions of TIME’S UP are realized by TIME’S UP Now, an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit 501(c)(4) charitable organization and the TIME’S UP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of People & Culture will provide expert guidance on TIME’S UP people management processes while cultivating an inclusive and positive organizational culture.
The Director of People & Culture will play a central role in helping this dynamic, mission-driven organization live its values by building and modeling a wholly new, “women-inspired workplace” across separate regional offices that are united by a shared commitment to safe, fair and dignified work for all.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced human resources professional with a strong work ethic, a successful track record of positive employee engagement, and a passion for fostering an engaged, inclusive and equitable organizational culture.
- Identify and drive improvements to our employee life-cycle and experience, including benefits and compensation, people analytics, employee value proposition, and people development
- Design, lead and implement team cultural assessments
- Ensure team alignment with the organization’s desired culture across offices
- Shape organizational structure and drive team growth appropriately
- Ensure that TIME’S UP’s staffing structure and talent recruitment, retention and development tactics align with its highest priority programmatic objectives
- Build employee onboarding and offboarding systems across regional offices
- Develop and implement a performance review system
- Develop and implement a compensation system
- Proactively assess team and employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Identify and develop internal training to develop staff across all functions and levels as appropriate
- Actively participate in staff and leadership team meetings and strategic planning activities when appropriate. Organize, and potentially facilitate, team meetings as needed
- 7+ years experience in HR, with a deep understanding of the following areas: HR operations, HR data management, diversity, equity, & inclusion, recruiting, and/or benefits management;
- Experience administering benefits, leaves of absence, and HR compliance in multi-state organizations/environments;
- Experience developing, managing and assessing compensation systems;
- Highly collaborative leader, with proven success influencing organizational leaders and managing work across teams, even without managing people directly;
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with finance, development, communications, and programmatic teams;
- Innovative, strategic thinker who use data effectively to increase organizational capacity;
- Expertly manage the efficient resolution of employee issues through proactive engagement;
- Strong presentation, speaking, written and verbal/nonverbal skills including public speaking, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment;
- You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as a trusted resource to team members at every level of the organization;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suites, HR metrics, and reporting;
- Innovative and entrepreneurial; you are an idea generator who brings ideas to life and successfully shepherds them from start to finish
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with fast-growth startups
- Passions for diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Based in New York, LA, or Chicago
- Some travel required
- A minimum starting salary of $120,000 will be provided to a successful candidate meeting the minimum requirements for the position
Where we work:
- Women-inspired workplace
- Great team with new mission & energy
- Generous benefits package
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work from home options
TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to email@example.com. Thank you!