TIME’S UP emerged from an international moment of reckoning when women came together and decided to turn their pain into action. We have a bold but simple vision – a world that insists on safe, fair and dignified work for all women. We believe TIME’S UP is uniquely suited at this moment to make this vision a reality in the lives of women – wherever they work, from every background, and across the globe. Our approach is unique and effective because we target culture, companies, and laws. We fight alongside the most vulnerable while holding the most powerful to account.
TIME’S UP Healthcare is focused on revolutionizing the vast and diverse healthcare industry and is taking this opportunity to enact lasting, systemic, industry-specific change. TIME’S UP Healthcare is looking for an Executive Director who will build community, engage women throughout the healthcare industry and lead strategic initiatives that increase safety and equity for women of all kinds across the healthcare sector. The Executive Director will leverage new and existing networks, work with industry stakeholders to improve healthcare workplaces and partner with mission‐aligned advocacy organizations, nonprofits, and activists.
The role will report to TIME’S UP’s CEO and work closely with TIME’S UP Senior Leadership and its Director, Affiliates & Partners.
- Drive long‐term vision of safe, fair + dignified work for women of all kinds in healthcare
- Build TIME’S UP Healthcare’s network of interconnected, action-oriented talent, including cultivating and maintaining relationships with key partners, supporters, and stakeholders
- Define TIME’S UP Healthcare’s strategic objectives and success metrics, and work with the TIME’S UP Healthcare Steering Committee, Founding Members and Advisory Council to achieve those goals
- Provide operational oversight of initiatives developed and implemented by TIME’S UP Healthcare working groups
- Partner with TIME’S UP Development team to cultivate donors from across the industry and secure sponsors for TIME’S UP Healthcare
- Plan, execute, and evaluate bold, high-impact campaigns and initiatives that advance our policy + advocacy agendas
- Work with industry leaders, partners + workers to customize advocacy efforts that drive change in healthcare and meet the specific needs of women of all kinds with the industry
- Identify strategic levers that will create greater safety and equity within healthcare and employ a variety of tactics to drive change throughout the industry
- Engage allies from across the industry and act as an advocate on behalf of women of all kinds in healthcare, particularly those who are most vulnerable
- Build a high-impact community composed of women of all kinds in healthcare
- Strong commitment to the intersectional values of TIME’S UP
- Extensive experience (10+ years) as a leader in the healthcare industry, preferred
- Subject matter expert in healthcare industry ecosystems
- Experience working with senior leaders, including high-level executives at medical systems and healthcare institutions
- Strong analytical and research skills; you understand complex concepts quickly and can communicate them clearly and concisely in time with a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and presentation skills to groups and stakeholders
- Executive-level organizational skills; you keep the ball rolling on multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks big and small while making sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Results-driven, punctual but flexible; you respond brilliantly to the needs of a rapidly-evolving organization and work as a team player in a fast, high-stakes environment
- Ability to strategically develop and manage complex budgets
- Entrepreneurial mindset, you are resourceful at solving new problems with sustainable but lean solutions; you understand this role will evolve quickly and that excites you
- Manage effectively up, down and across to motivate a diverse set of colleagues, stakeholders, and teammates. You create an environment of gratitude and support that inspires staff and volunteers alike.
- High EQ – you possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, diplomatically, honestly, and sensitively with all
- Demonstrated passion for activism, community building, and advocacy, particularly focused on the advancement of underrepresented communities in healthcare
- Experience with non-profit management, grassroots organizing, or advocacy a plus
- A relentless commitment to a world that insists on safe, fair and dignified work for women of all kinds
- Based in Santa Monica, California or New York, New York or Washington D.C., or willing to travel to those locations regularly as needed
- Salary will commensurate with experience and shall not exceed $250,000. TIME’S UP is also pleased to offer a generous benefits package.
- Salary will commensurate with experience. TIME’S UP is also pleased to offer a generous benefits package.
- TIME’S UP Healthcare is an initiative of the TIME’S UP Foundation 501(c3) and TIME’S UP Now 501(c4), which supports a growing number of industries driving change.
- TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer, women-inspired workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2019. Thank you!