TIME’S UP is seeking a dynamic and experienced development professional to establish TIME’S UP’s Individual Giving program and lead its overall strategic direction. More than 21,000 people responded to TIME’S UP’s call to support the TIME’s UP Legal Defense Fund in 2018, establishing a vibrant prospect pool to build a comprehensive and dynamic individual giving program. Reporting to the Interim CEO (temporarily) the Director of Individual Giving will be responsible for building and overseeing an individual giving program, stewarding a portfolio of donors, representing TIMES’S UP to select external audiences, and establishing a culture of philanthropy at TIME’S UP.
- Develop 1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr fundraising strategy for individual donors and prospects with clear realistic and aspirational goals for the Individual Giving program that are both realistic and challenging,
- Build individual giving program to deepen engagement and expand revenue, prioritizing high ROI prospects and opportunities
- Successfully identify prospects that will help achieve annual and longer-term development goals
- Establish systems to manage a portfolio of high-net worth individual donors and prospects
- Maintain best fundraising and operational practices, camaraderie, shared accountability, and clearly defined goals
- Make recommendations regarding staffing and infrastructure needs, as well as donor data and analytic tools
- Analyze fundraising results against projections to both make necessary strategy updates and ensure timely and accurate reporting to internal and external constituencies
- Speak and write articulately about TIME’S UP, its mission, policies, culture, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social, and community trends related to TIME’S UP and share relevant information with colleagues
- Establish trust, maintain strong relationships, and develop partnerships with all TIME’S UP stakeholders.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of successful major gifts experience or related experience within complex and dynamic mission-driven non-profit organizations
- Significant experience managing and motivating development professionals and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree and record of continuing professional development is preferred
- Track record of creating and implementing strategic fundraising initiatives from the ground up, resulting in significant revenue growth and improved operations; demonstrated success securing major gifts from individuals
- Demonstration of sophisticated, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and strategic approach to individual fundraising and experience with face-to-face major gift solicitations
- Demonstrated achievement identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding high-net-worth individuals
- Proven ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling
- Experience working effectively and respectfully with members of the senior leadership team, including the CEO, as well as Board members and other high-net-worth donors
- Committed to and understanding of fundraising for feminist, human rights, social justice and/or similar organizations
- Demonstrated track record of establishing a culture of philanthropy and teamwork amongst colleagues and leadership.
- Based in Santa Monica, California or New York, New York or Washington D.C.
- Starting salary of $120,000, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefit package
- Women-inspired workplace
- TIME’S UP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter that details your relevant experience to email@example.com. Thank you!